Hey everyone. In this video, we are going to cover widget design.
How the widget looks on your website.
You can completely customise the design of your tawk.to widget.
Click on the GEAR ICON in the bottom left hand corner of the dashboard.
Then click CHAT WIDGET.
Under Widget Appearance, click ADVANCED.
From here you can change
– Where the widget is positioned on your website.
– The type of widget for desktop and mobile.
– The size of the widget, both when it’s minimised and maximised.
– And the colour of the widget.
You can even add an Attention Grabber to your widget. Check it out, there are so many to choose from. If you prefer, you can upload your own image as the Attention Grabber.
When considering your widget design I want you to keep in mind these three tips:
1. Always try and place your widget in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, of the website. It’s where your visitors are going to look for it.
2. There’s a tendency to make the chat widget the same colour as your website. Or to make it blend really well with the website. This can be a huge mistake, because it camouflages the widget and then people don’t actually notice it. Instead, you want your chat widget to stand out. People report higher feelings of trust and confidence when they see that live chat is available on a website. So you have to make sure that they know it’s there.
And this leads to my next point –
3. Use an Attention Grabber. It’s going to make your chat widget stand out and as I mentioned you can even upload your own image if you prefer.
One last point.Once you’ve created your design, don’t forget to go back to your website and check it out, see how it looks. Make sure you scroll up and down the page and visit other pages as well to make sure it fits with your website.
For more information or for links to the relevant articles in our knowledge base please check the description below. We also have 24/7 live chat available on our website.
Up next, we’re going to talk about “being online” for when those chats come in.
Here is a video showing you how to customize the visitor widget that appears on your website.
Here is a video showing you how to Customize the Visitor Widget and Attention Grabber.