Backend Developer (Remote Role- Full Time)
tawk.to, the world’s #1 business messaging application is expanding its engineering team and is seeking an experienced Backend Developer, with research and data analysis skills, to help shape the future of business communications.
Every day we get to build an array of awesome systems at scale, including search, concurrency, content organization, real-time metrics, deployment, and event-driven, low-latency, concurrent apps. Our current systems are mostly built on Node.js.
We focus on fast, iterative development (over 200+ deployments just last month), and collaborative, interactive programming. Developers work within small cross-functional teams of 3-6 crew that rely on one another to champion their project goals and in setting their own priorities are expected to build and deploy applications quickly and iteratively.
- Participate in brain-storming sessions about software development and architecture
- Develop, deploy and test Node.js based micro-services based on a set of requirements
- Participate in code review of other fellow developers
- Provide support for fellow developers and end-users
- Experience using NoSQL databases (MongoDB / Cassandra / Elasticsearch or others)
- Experience in-memory key-value stores (Redis / MemCache or others)
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Experience writing unit tests
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- 3+ years of back end experience.
- Working knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience in Test-driven development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Pair programming methodologies
- Knowledge of front-end technologies is a plus
- Academic background in computer science
We are able to offer a competitive salary, depending on your experience and demonstrated capabilities.
Why tawk.to is a great place to work?
We are a highly motivated, friendly, and globally distributed team. Our company has grown but we’re still a small team, so everyone that delivers in their area can have and make a big impact, and there are career growth opportunities for our highest achievers.