Are you a programmer that loves to build products that are used by millions of people everyday?
Do you possess sharp attention to detail and knowledge of what makes an IOS mobile app successful and easy to use?
Do you have a desire for continuous learning, so that you can constantly improve the benefits of what you build for your users?
If so, then become the next IOS developer at tawk.to, as we share those same desires.
We are searching for someone who has a passion for code quality and craftsmanship. Someone who enjoys working in an environment where each individual works towards a common goal- to build a full feature business communication tool and provide FREE access for everyone to use it!
tawk.to, the world’s #1 business messaging application is expanding its engineering team and is seeking an experienced IOS Developer, to help shape the future of business communications.
Every day we get to build an array of awesome systems at scale, including search, concurrency, content organization, real-time metrics, deployment, and event-driven, low-latency, concurrent apps.
We focus on fast, iterative development (over 200+ deployments just last month), and collaborative, interactive programming. Developers work within small cross-functional teams of 3-6 crew that rely on one another to champion their project goals and in setting their own priorities are expected to build and deploy applications quickly and iteratively.
• Plan and build product features on the iOS platform
• Work with the product manager and designer to achieve UI/UX inline with iOS
• Fix bugs and performance issues
• Communicate with internal APIs and external APIs
• Help customers with issues they are having to ensure they have the best experience possible.
• Write documentation for implementation
• Communicate the status of test development to the appropriate channels
• Proficiency with Swift, Objective-C
• Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation and APIs like Foundation, UIKit, and CocoaTouch
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
• Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
• Understanding of Apple’s design principles and Apple Human Interface Guidelines
• Understanding of MVC and MVVM, preferable knowledge of Coordinator pattern
• Ability to craft UI in code and with Interface builder
• Experience with performance and memory tuning with Instruments
• Familiarity with push notification APIs
• Experience writing instrumental and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
• Understanding of app distribution process
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
• Experience in developing and supporting rapid iterations of software in an Agile context
• Overall knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Preferably having published one or more iOS app(s) in the Apple App Store
We are able to offer a competitive salary, depending on your experience and demonstrated capabilities.
Why tawk.to is a great place to work?
We are a highly motivated, friendly, and globally distributed team. Our company has grown but we’re still a small team, so everyone that delivers in their area can have and make a big impact, and there are career growth opportunities for our highest achievers.
With more than 7 million business customers and over 1 billion brand interactions per month, tawk.to has established a global audience and industry following.